Thursday, June 27, 2013

Dressing up for a romantic dinner at The Tower Club

Mid June means craziness of the children for the summer for the Hubby and I. We love spending quality time with them, and since we don't get enough of it, we don't do date night in the short amount of time they are in town. So, the Hubby planned for a romantic dinner at The Tower Club in the Thanksgiving Tower, Dallas. Beautiful view, amazing food, and best of all, getting lost in the eyes of the man who loves me more than life.

Ahhh... marital bliss! :)

Okay - about the restaurant. It sits on the 48th floor and looks out over the north side of downtown Dallas. Breathtakingly beautiful view especially since we had an earlier dinner and enjoyed the sunset. We ordered a sushi roll for an appetizer, and the sauce with it was divine.

For dinner, I ordered the chef special of Mahi Mahi with a lemon butter sauce that melted in my mouth. Rice pilaf on the side with fresh steamed vegetables. It made me think bad to the Julie & Julia movie when Julie makes a very tasty dish and asks if it's rude to say yum. I said Yum that included a moan in the 'm' and chewed so slowly, eyes closed because it was the most elegant and smooth taste of Mahi Mahi I have ever had. Delish!!





 I couldn't even finish my dinner halfway though when the Hubby reminded me about their desserts. Taking the remainder of my dinner home with an extra side of the sauce, I readied my palate for dessert. He ordered a creme brulee with berries on top and I ordered a chocolate upon chocolate with berry scrumptiousness. Totally don't remember the name, but that's what I called it. It was rich and smooth but not bitter tasting like some extra chocolate desserts are. There was a balance of the rich chocolate with the fresh berries and sauce, that made me want a glass of milk and time alone with my yumminess.


After our glass of wine - Riesling for me, Pinot Noir for the Hubby, we walked around the courtyard area enjoying the time and company. This is our second time here and I can't say enough about it. The service was impeccable and the food was prepared perfectly. It was a great way to spend our romantic night before summer really began.

No comments:

Post a Comment